It’s that time of the year again! Fall is on the horizon and back to school shopping is on the brain! We know this is a stressful time and those back to school supplies can add up to a pretty penny, so we have some tips to keep you on your A game!
- LOOK BACK. First, go through last year’s supplies to see what needs to be thrown out and what can be reused. Is every pen out of ink? Are all your pencil’s now stubs? Did your children use all the notebook paper?
- RECYCLE. All those old supplies that you can’t use could be used somewhere else! Find out where you can recycle paper, pens, and other supplies near you!
- MAKE A LIST. Before hitting the store make a list of things you need and try to stick to only the list when at the stores. Those bright colors and new gadgets are hard to resist but keep your eye on the prize!
- BUY RECYCLED. Join the green trend and buy recycled items. Recycled items range from backpacks to paper so ask your local store where you can find green back to school supplies. We know Target and Office Max are a great place to start!
- WEAR GREEN. Back to school clothes are a must have in a child’s wardrobe. Instead of hitting the stores, set up a swap with friends or family. Kids grow out of clothes quickly so those barely worn jeans might fit your children perfectly!
- BREATHE FRESH AIR. Look for nontoxic items such as ink and art supplies, water based paints and batteries with little mercury. Also look for the closest bus stop instead of driving your children to school. Think about carpooling with neighbors too.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to kick off the school year right! If you need help throwing away last years large science projects, or debris from summer home improvement projects, trust GPOD with your dumpster needs! Have a great school year everybody!